Thread: Health and safety reminder

Default Health and safety reminder

Why is it that we all know there are things we just shouldnt do, and why we shouldn’t do them, but every now and then we just do them anyway? Like not using a chair to reach something:
    ....so, the chair toppled over backwards, and I hurtled through the air, hitting the side of my neck and in quick succession my head on very sturdy wooden work top, and then hit the floor flat on my back - hitting the back of my head too, on the hardwood floor, with my legs still tangled up in the chair (not very elegant). On the plus side I consider myself to have been very lucky indeed - still have concussion, even though I did it on Tuesday, lots of bruises, lumps and bumps - but could have been so much worse.
    Next time any of you lovely people are tempted to do something daft - please don’t, I did, and nearly won the Darwin awards!

Thank you Sue. It happened to me too, some years back, in full view of guests, when a light bulb failed. They were too busy talking to take much notice, so I was doubly hurt.
    No way would I try that again. Dennis

Oh dear Dennis, I don’t know which is worse - an indifferent audience as you had, or an empty house and a feeling of ‘oh hell, no one is due back for another couple of hours’ as I did.

Look after yourself Joella, concussion is no laughing matter. I must confess when the bulb in the light at the top of my stairs dies I'm probably just going to leave it in there, there's just a small area at the top of the stairs and I have palpitations thinking about standing on a chair to change it. I've been here seven years and I really don't know how I managed to put in a bulb and attach a shade when we moved in. And as much as I love them I don't trust the kids to be able to help!

Deb

Grab yourself something like this, more convenient that a ladder when you only need a short height increase, infinitely safer than a chair

https://www.bunnings.com.au/gorilla-...-step_p0860405

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    Why is it that we all know there are things we just shouldnt do, and why we shouldn’t do them, but every now and then we just do them anyway? Like not using a chair to reach something:
    ....so, the chair toppled over backwards, and I hurtled through the air, hitting the side of my neck and in quick succession my head on very sturdy wooden work top, and then hit the floor flat on my back - hitting the back of my head too, on the hardwood floor, with my legs still tangled up in the chair (not very elegant). On the plus side I consider myself to have been very lucky indeed - still have concussion, even though I did it on Tuesday, lots of bruises, lumps and bumps - but could have been so much worse.
    Next time any of you lovely people are tempted to do something daft - please don’t, I did, and nearly won the Darwin awards!
    Hope you're ok - easily done- I was moving a ladder and forgot there was a drill on it! Drill whacked me on head I was lucky too only concussion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ohh! Joella. Sorry, I have been off the forum for a months - broken computer and kid's surgery as you know - how are you now? Ux