Thread: Looking to buy some personal Jewelry

Default Looking to buy some personal Jewelry

Hello, Im new here and would like say hello.
    I am looking to buy a mens 18crt Gold woven style rope bracelet, also a mens tribal banded gold thumb ring, and also 1 half moon gold earring.
    Where could I find this style of gold jewelry ?
    Or would I be better getting the work commissioned ?
    I can find all this style in silver, but I would like the same but in 18crt gold.
    I live in S London, and would be interested in any links that can help me find this jewelry.

Hello Queequeg,
    If you're struggling to find what you're looking for then commissioning something would be a good way forward. If you've found some jewellers who produce work in the style you like then I'd get in touch to discuss whether they will work something in gold for you. I think lots of small independent artisans work in silver at least partly because the raw material costs less meaning its more accessible to get started and run on a small budget.
    Hazel

Im assuming you have tried various Google searches?
    Its often useful to search images on google too.
    If not then you may need to look into commissioning it as Hazel suggests, but 18ct gold is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    Hello, Im new here and would like say hello.
    I am looking to buy a mens 18crt Gold woven style rope bracelet, also a mens tribal banded gold thumb ring, and also 1 half moon gold earring.
    Where could I find this style of gold jewelry ?
    Or would I be better getting the work commissioned ?
    I can find all this style in silver, but I would like the same but in 18crt gold.
    I live in S London, and would be interested in any links that can help me find this jewelry.
    Hi,

Have you tried Instagram? I think it's a great way to search for what you want. I am guessing you know how to use it because I am perhaps the least social media savvy human on the planet and even I know how to use it.

But...just in case

Go to: http://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/

In the search box at the top, type what you are looking for preceded by the hash (#) and use no spaces. eg/ #goldropebracelet

Chances are you will find an artisan who will make exactly what you want, or, has already made it.

Thanks for reply's.
    Think Im going to try going through an auction.
    I see the exact jewelry I like , but all is in silver. I wish I could find a place that does this in Gold. My other option is as has been mentioned commissioned work. So I may try one the small jewelers that sell the silver , if they can commission the work in gold.

Do you have a budget for working in gold or is the cost open ended?