Hi there,
This is my first post so apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but i cant find it. I plan on selling my jewellery on etsy and i wondered what peoples personal opinions were on hallmarking under 7.78g silver. I have made a pair of chunky cufflinks (3mm thick) which even with the back on fall just under 7g each. I understand they dont legally need to be hallmarked but given the price point £80-£90 I'm thinking that people would 'expect' them to be. I will have in my faq section a clear indication of what needs hallmarking and I was thinking of offering it at an extra cost for those items that fall under 7.78g but obviously what i would have to charge the customer for this would change depending on whether I have a batch of stuff already going to the assay office or not. I dont expect someone would be happy to pay an extra £20-£30 for hallmarking a one off item. Im not yet live in etsy so im toying with the idea of you sending everything i have (7.8g or otherwise) as it keeps price pe item down and stops any potential questions from a buyer. Advice?
Thanks so much in advance,
Emily