Hope the snow isn't causing any major problems for anyone!

On our snowday today, after we'd done some sledging, snowballing and warming up with hot chocolate I had a go at making a necklace I've been planning in my head for a while. I was after something that I could use with the pendants I've made (and plan to make) and I wanted it to be quite close to my collarbone, so it's a little over 16" long, with a large hook on one end. The hook can then be used to hang a pendant from.

To link all of the larger rings I used some tube that I etched last night, cut into pieces and smoothed off. As I messed up some of the cutting (I should probably get a mitre-jig) I didn't have quite enough pieces so just cut off some more tube and used some pieces unetched once they'd been smoothed off.

Initially once all of the soldering was done I manipulated the rings into flattish ovals but once they were done it looked a little too much like a necklace made from paper-clips, even after texturing, which wasn't quite the look I was going for! So after annealing again I stretched the rings back out into more organic shapes. It still needs a proper polish but I'm happy enough with it. Hopefully I'll get a bracelet done too this weekend (especially if I can't make it to the Rock 'n Gem show tomorrow as I'd planned) which will match and that I can hook onto the necklace to make a longer necklace should I wish to.

Thanks for looking, and feedback welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180302_175831.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	11019 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180302_180037.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	11020 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180302_180027.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	11018