Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polyester Resin recommendations

Default Polyester Resin recommendations

Hello all,

I am looking for a polyester resin (not epoxy as I am selling jewellery and cannot afford yellowing) I will be pouring the resin into a sterling silver channel 3mm wide, 5mm deep.

I have tried TotalCast, which is giving me a lot of bubbles. I know some people have got great results from this, but I am looking for alternatives.

Any polyester resin recommendations would be great, that is available in the UK / shipping to the UK.

I have also been looking for Castin' Craft resin for a while but can only find it on Amazon, and the postages costs £30! Does anyone know where I can obtain this?

Thank in advance
    Millie

Thats interesting, I use the epoxy from Cooksons and haven't had any problems with it yellowing?

Quote Originally Posted by JewellerMillie View Post
    Hello all,

I am looking for a polyester resin (not epoxy as I am selling jewellery and cannot afford yellowing) I will be pouring the resin into a sterling silver channel 3mm wide, 5mm deep.

I have tried TotalCast, which is giving me a lot of bubbles. I know some people have got great results from this, but I am looking for alternatives.

Any polyester resin recommendations would be great, that is available in the UK / shipping to the UK.

I have also been looking for Castin' Craft resin for a while but can only find it on Amazon, and the postages costs £30! Does anyone know where I can obtain this?

Thank in advance
    Millie
    Ive used this one for a while and had no probs x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Enigma,

Thanks for your response - however how long has it been since you set the resin?

Hey Mandy,

Thanks for this, I have used this too, but I am looking for a polyester resin

Quote Originally Posted by JewellerMillie View Post
    Hey Mandy,

Thanks for this, I have used this too, but I am looking for a polyester resin
    None of mine have yellowed. Thats the only reason i posted the pic. I tried polyester and its so strong hated it. Cant remember which tho, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The earliest I did with that resin were about 3 years ago now.
    I used a different one before that and did have a problem with it going cloudy but so far the cooksons one has been ok.

You could try Tiranti - https://tiranti.co.uk/product-catego...casting-resin/

I didn't like polyster resin much, but have always had fantastic results with the lovely Clare John's Resin8 epoxy products - https://www.resin8.co.uk/ - I've just taken a look at some sample pieces that I made at least five or six years ago and there's no yellowing at all. In fact, the only one that's less than perfect is a sterling piece that I left only part filled, and a result a bit of tarnish has crept under the margins. I tend to use argentium or fine silver for resin filled stuff to eliminate that risk now.

Thank you to all of you - I will preserver!

Check out www.artresin.com it's supposed to be non yellowing. I know i came across another one when i was looking myself but can't remember the name.