Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinol seller

Default Platinol seller

Sad to discover this morning that no delivery company will deliver platinol for cookson gold customers. I live in scotland and can't drop in to any of their branches. Anyone know of any other reasonably priced platinol supplier?

Seriously???

This is new. I've just check a basket I've had sat there a while and it has gold plating solution - also dangerous goods - and I can only collect it.

I think I'd start by describing this solution (no pun intended) as completely and utterly useless.

Cooksons, what are you playing at?

I think it's the delivery companies that are causing the trouble. Apparently cooksons is losing a lot of business at the moment because of it.
    Maybe it'll be resolved soon?
    Last edited by Sheen; 26-02-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Thats rather daft, you could try Betts, they have it in stock:
    ( sorry Cooksons but if you won't deliver..... )
    https://www.bettsmetalsales.com/search-results/

Maybe try and buy it off ebay you can probily get refined plutonium posted to you off there lol

It's always come from cookies via courier so I only ever ordered stuff like that when there was free delivery. What nonsense.

Hi everyone,

Following the recent introduction of new European and national legislation, combined with increased incidents of dangerous goods being used inappropriately and stricter courier and delivery requirements, Cooksongold has reviewed its range of chemicals. This review has affected how they are sold and despatched.

Our duty of care to customers, employees and courier companies ensures that we have to take a responsible view when selling dangerous, hazardous and liquid goods containing either cyanide or high content of acids. We have classified these products to three levels, all clearly marked on our website:
    - Dangerous goods - these products have the highest level of restriction and can only be sent to UK business customers who are VAT registered, or collect at our two counters with photo ID.
    - Hazardous goods - these products are available to purchase by all UK customers, but can only be despatch via designated courier methods.
    - Liquid product - these products are available to purchase by all customers, but can only be despatch via designated courier methods.

We have ensured that in all cases we provide health and safety datasheets, plus we are in the process of updating our product description to make it clear how to buy these products.

If you are unclear or need further clarification please do feel free to contact us on 0345 100 1122.

Thanks for the link enigma, the postage cost is painful but if it's the only way then that's what i'll have to do. Will check ebay also. Grrr

Yes their postage always seems expensive, I rarely use them tbh , only when I can't find something on Cooksons.

Ok what is so special about Platinol that cannot be achieved with Liver of sulphur, which in Australia is not a hazardous substance and is readily available