Thread: The spelling Checker.

Default The spelling Checker.

A while ago, during one of its updates I lost my spelling checker in Firefox.

Firefox has not been very helpful in dealing with this, inviting me to use an add-on and then saying this add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox. Not compatible? It's the latest updated version, for goodness sake.

I really missed my spelling checker and editing your own work is not very successful, as you always see what you think you wrote.

If you are in the same position, I finally found this on a Firefox forum and it is working now: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/fir...-dictionary-2/

I am old fashioned Dennis and have a small English Dictionary to check spellings , sometimes I've had spell checker use the American way to spell things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    I am old fashioned Dennis and have a small English Dictionary to check spellings , sometimes I've had spell checker use the American way to spell things.
    Talking about "word" problems,I've been trying to look up repossessed hammers as an advanced search on this site but will it accept my query? Nope! It prefers "repossessed hammers". I'd just like to know who the desperate clown looking for such tools is.

Repurposed?

There are times when I use Google with the search term "site:www.cooksongold.com/forum" to be able to find things on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Talking about "word" problems,I've been trying to look up repossessed hammers as an advanced search on this site but will it accept my query? Nope! It prefers "repossessed hammers". I'd just like to know who the desperate clown looking for such tools is.
    Whoops! I meant repousse hammers ( with an accent)

That'll be the spell checker Nick��

See what I mean .... What happened there???!!!