Thread: Small amount of solder

Default Small amount of solder

Hi everyone, I am asking if anyone can sell me a small amount of 9ct white gold solder and 9ct Rose gold solder- I only need a small piece of each. I am making our wedding rings with a small insert in them. Mine is white gold with a small rose gold band insert and my fiancée's is the opposite. I could buy a whole sheet from Cookson but this will cost more than the wire I am going to use.

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Matty,

I hope that some kind soul is able to help you, but as all of us are in the same position, I for one am holding on to my remainder for possible future needs.

If you are able to visit a Cookson showroom, you can buy half panels for about £17 each. Then you can offer the left overs here. Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
    Thank you I totally understand where you are coming from. I live in Norfolk so I doubt I will ever get to a showroom. I have thought about buying the sheet and now I am a member I can offer the rest on here when I have finished my project. Many thanks for your help.

If you have yellow gold solder then you may as well use that instead of rose on the rose gold ring because the rose gold solder doesn't match anyway so an invisible join is wholly dependent on a tight seam.

Hi enigma, No I haven't got any although I have just looked and the yellow gold solder wire is cheaper so I could use that if you are sure that as long as I have a tight seam yellow solder would not show

Its almost the exact same colour as the red solder Matty, neither match the red gold so regardless which one you use it will show unless you get the seam perfect.

Ok thank you very much for your help