Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going to tease you.....

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    .... an 18 carat red and green gold pair of rings for a client and to be set with a natural blue diamond.

The design is a red gold base with a green gold star and leaves design outer sleeve with the addition of an 18k red gold butterfly.

Nope, can't PICTURE it myself......

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Lesley, was that you I saw in this month's Making Jewellery?
    She's obviously not going to tell you

YES it was!

I was going to push it George. In fact, I thought I'd dropped an 'oopsie'
    Di x

Can't get Making Jewellery around here - only Make Jewellery. Don't want to take out a sub as I have enough mags subs

sadly, I think the American mags are better anyway - Art Jewellery and Jewellery ARtist are my faves. Pity about the ads being American tho, always make me feel very dissatisfied with my lot.

We're not well served at all for jewellery mags here I don't think. There are the bead ones and there's Making Jewellery, which has a stab at something more than beads. It still has quite a way to go in my opinion but its a start.
    Di x

I did notice Making Jewellery's got a hobby drill (same as the Cookson one) as the sub gift at the moment though...

I contribute to Making Jewellery and Beads and Beyond (though I've had a gap since June as I was away getting married and then had this stupid wrist to deal with), and I genuinely think they're upping their game.

Of the American ones, I also like Art Jewelry and Jewelry Artist, also Step by Step Wire, and the occasional issue of Belle Armoire. There are a couple of really excellent Australian ones as well.

Our market here is just too tiny to support anything much more than hobbyist level, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    I was going to push it George. In fact, I thought I'd dropped an 'oopsie'
    So sorry, Di, I've been very rude.
    I'm just not very happy with it to be honest and generally feeling a bit of a grumpy so and so.
    Excuse me while I go off for a sulk and a moan.

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    So sorry, Di, I've been very rude.
    I'm just not very happy with it to be honest and generally feeling a bit of a grumpy so and so.
    Excuse me while I go off for a sulk and a moan.
    Oh, don't Lesley! I was shining in your reflected glory!! I also think you should be very proud because it was a good piece.
    Di x

Question Recommended jewellery making/beading mags

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I did notice Making Jewellery's got a hobby drill (same as the Cookson one) as the sub gift at the moment though...

I contribute to Making Jewellery and Beads and Beyond (though I've had a gap since June as I was away getting married and then had this stupid wrist to deal with), and I genuinely think they're upping their game.

Of the American ones, I also like Art Jewelry and Jewelry Artist, also Step by Step Wire, and the occasional issue of Belle Armoire. There are a couple of really excellent Australian ones as well.

Our market here is just too tiny to support anything much more than hobbyist level, I suspect.

Hi George,

OOh your'e a published lady! and Lesley too! What's it like having your articles published then, I bet you must be chuffed to bits!

I've been thinking for some time of subscribing to some beading/jewellery making mags - do you have any you would recommend?

Sorry, the thoughts are a bit random tonite, as I'm plum tuckered.....

nearly bedtime

Jules x

Smile Still teasin'

The subject of this thread is coming ever nearer to completion, photgraphicalising and displaying on this forum, in the meantime here's a little newbie we created today made from Titanium and inlaid with genuine stingray skin.

Please note that no Stingrays were harmed in the making of this ring and all of them were willing participants in the creation of the design and gave their skin freely!

For those of you who haven't quite mastered the art of telling when I am serious or not, this is a solid Titanium ring with a simulated laser engraved stingray design

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sting-web.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	283