Thread: Buying silver on cookson

Default Buying silver on cookson

The time has come for me to buy a load of silver wire. Is it best to wait til the prices are low or wait til they offer 10% off (which i usually do) or do they only offer this when prices are high? Hope that makes sense.

Im not sure if the 10% relates to metals ?

Josef is right, the discount rarely applies to precious metals.
    There is no way of knowing whether prices will go up without a drop for months so I wouldn't wait for the silver price to come down.
    I would wait for free postage if its not showing but thats all.

Their discount only ever applies to metal if it specifically says off sheet or wire. They say these offers are planned weeks in advance and not specific to the markets so it's pot luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    The time has come for me to buy a load of silver wire. Is it best to wait til the prices are low or wait til they offer 10% off (which i usually do) or do they only offer this when prices are high? Hope that makes sense.
    Gold and silver prices are going to the moon...and perhaps even Jupiter and beyond. Both have been in a bear market for 5+ years and they are about to break out. In a few years time you will look back and be astonished at how cheap they were in 2018.

I know this is their forum but you will find cheaper if you buy from India or China. Just make sure you make clear you want EU/nickel compliant.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hi all, thanks for everyones thoughts, caroline that's exactly what i wanted to know, pearlescence will keep that in mind, handmadeblanks i know, just like gemstones (my bead lady says you were much more likely to make a necklace out of a whole strand of gems years ago as the prices were lower), but i still like to try and get the best deal particularly as i'm not selling at the moment.