Thread: All profits got to charity

Default All profits got to charity

I'm considering selling some of my work to raise money for a charity event in my home city. When people say all profits to charity does that exclude your hourly wage as well as your materials, i imagine it does?

Certainly room for all sorts of sheenanigans.

I think that the public is entitled to know just how much of the price of each item will find its way to the charity.
    If the seller witholds some for themselves, for whatever reason, then they are profiting from the enterprise. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 21-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think that the public is entitled to know just how much of the price of each item will find its way to the charity.
    "All profits" is a bit nebulous and tends to raise alarm bells with me - personally, I prefer to know what percentage of the sale price goes to charity (and there needs to be some way to verify it).
    I knew someone who claimed that "a percentage of profits" on the diamond jewellery she was selling went to war orphans in Africa, but kept every penny for herself. Never spelled out what percentage either.
    Transparency breeds trust.

If you speak to the charity involved they will help you with information about setting things up. I agree that a percentage figure of what your giving is a good thing. Also when you donate the profits , the charity will send you an email confirming the amount. You can use this on social media / website etc to add clarity if you want.

Thankyou everyone, i think it is good to make sure everyone knows what exactly you are doing if it's for charity/fund raising purposes. Stops others from abusing the system too. Thanks again.