Thread: Propane Regulator for Smiths Little Torch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Propane Regulator for Smiths Little Torch

Hi all - firstly I am very sorry for asking what I suspect is a well worn question but I just simply cannot find a definitive answer on forums or elsewhere on the interweb despite weeks of looking.

So I am just switching to a Smiths Little Torch on a Oxy Con and Propane cylinder system. I got the Oxy Con from Tuffnell's with the Smiths connector on it so that is all good. For the propane cylinder, originally I thought I needed a low pressure regulator so got the Silverline one in picture 4 but the connection (the little one) looked wrong as I had a screw connector from my arrestor. So I bought a high pressure 0.5 - 4 bar one but today when looking into what pressure I should set it on I started to panic and think that I'd got the wrong one as the Smiths little torch needs a low pressure regulator. So I'm thoroughly confused and won't proceed until I'm confident I have the correct set up.

So can anyone tell me which regulator I need for the Smiths Lt Torch. If it's the low pressure how can I fit the flashback arrestor on it (as per the picture) and if the high one which setting should the regulator be set on!!

Thanks so much in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180120_152802_resized.jpg   20180120_152812_resized.jpg   20180120_152817_resized.jpg   20180120_152844_resized.jpg