Thread: Electronic gem testers experience

Post Electronic gem testers experience

quick question. I love stones and I must admit I can not stop buying them online. some times on e-bay, some times in vintage shops as second hand jewelry. so I am very bad here and opportunistic I know... as I am really relying on my general knowledge and 6th sense, or 7th ..... I was very lucky couple of times but now I decided to make it easy and get myself electronic tester. did anyone had experience with those? what would be recommendation. I think after me long looking at options I found this one best Presidium Duo gem tester (model PDT-S7) ? any reviews? Thank you in advance!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I have the Handheld presidium gem tester (model PGI) - so far, it has been able to work very well. It can detect glass from stones. It is easy to work with and I have been very happy with it. I know most of the stones I use, and purchase from reputable suppliers, but when someone brings a ring with stones in, it has been really great. I do other tests, and they have corroborated the results. Not the machine you were asking about, but a Presidium, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I have the Handheld presidium gem tester (model PGI) - so far, it has been able to work very well. It can detect glass from stones. It is easy to work with and I have been very happy with it. I know most of the stones I use, and purchase from reputable suppliers, but when someone brings a ring with stones in, it has been really great. I do other tests, and they have corroborated the results. Not the machine you were asking about, but a Presidium, at least.
    Many thanks! good to hear positive feedback ! this is something I was looking for! TX