Thread: Variable speed buffing machine

Default Variable speed buffing machine

Hello,

I currently use a bench mounted AEG double ended buffing machine...Sorry I don't have the model number...It is a one speed model, I think the speed is 6000rpm that might be 600rpm !! But it is one speed, so is there any heavy duty variable speed buffing machines on the market ?

Many thanks

Skie

If you Google 'variable speed polishing motor',you will find several including the Proxxon and Foredom, but they are rather small and hardly heavy duty.
    You might consider TP8118 two speed from Walsh, which is more workmanlike. Dennis.

Do you really need a variable speed, my buffing machine is a converted bench grinder it is single speed, I have been using it for years and have not had the need to adjust the speed

Thank you both...The reason I was asking about the variable speed buffer, is because my 14 year old son is taking a real interest and call me over protective, but I was taught on a buffing machine first of all and I want to let him gain confidence rather than him getting scared if a piece flies off and shoots across the room. I get baptism by fire but ..ok I'm just very protective