Thread: My first torch project...

Default My first torch project...

So after about 8 years of looking at my silver stuff I finally plucked up the courage to light the torch and have a go and this is what I came up with from my scraps of silver pot.
    I'm so happy! It's not perfection but I've a long way to go yet. I used a pencil torch and a draper rotary thing I have and experimented with all the different attachments on it. Would like to know how to get it shinier I suppose but Im not complaining! 😁
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1209.jpg  

Congrats. I like the weightiness of it, it's my kind of thing. Personally I tend to go for a matt look generally, with 400 grit, rather than shiny, it's a lot less work and less likely to show imperfections. I also like the industrial look of a matt surface.

Well don't wait another eight years. Keep the impetus going.

If you already have a machine that will take standard 2.35mm tools then you might consider this set of radial wheels: http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...set&channel=uk

Used in the right order(yellow, blue, green) it will do justice to your pendant. If your budget is tight, then time spent with Silvo and a toothbrush would improve it. Dennis.

Thanks for the suggestions Dennis. Will look into it.
    Thanks also Sheen, i like the matt look too but was interested to see what my draper would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk