Thread: Argentium Silver Chains?

Default Argentium Silver Chains?

Anyone know where I can find an Argentium silver chain supplier in Europe? I know Rio Grande carries what I need, but they charge a fortune to ship to Sweden. There is a Swedish supplier, PMC, who charges a fortune for the chains (4 times Rio Grande's prices). Please give me a hint for other Argentium suppliers. Thank you!!

Argentium silver chain has been available in UK from Allied Gold and also on Etsy, but when I searched the selection was so limited that I made my own. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lil 3 The Link in Link chain.jpg  

Good job, I find the largest variety of Argentium products is at RioGrande, (many more items than Allied Gold which is weird) it is really frustrating as Argentium is a great product, In Australia it is pretty much non existent just small amount of sheet and a few sizes of wire

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Argentium silver chain has been available in UK from Allied Gold and also on Etsy, but when I searched the selection was so limited that I made my own. Dennis.
    I wish I could make my own chain as well, but I want a very fine one, 1mm max, so that would be quite tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Good job, I find the largest variety of Argentium products is at RioGrande, (many more items than Allied Gold which is weird) it is really frustrating as Argentium is a great product, In Australia it is pretty much non existent just small amount of sheet and a few sizes of wire
    That's really too bad, I wonder why not more suppliers carry it. Fairtrade silver is something that I have looked at also, but I find no chains available whatsoever :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Wow, brilliant! Thanks for the find!
    Last edited by jeniberry; 11-12-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Turns out there's a risk customs will collect quite a bit of money if I order outside Europe. Back to searching for European suppliers.

Given that a) most European Argentium is manufactured in Italy and b) most European chains are manufactured in Italy, I'd say that might be a good place to look!

It's also definitely worth asking Cookson's if they'd get some in - they're pretty good at responding to customer demand.
    Last edited by mizgeorge; 12-12-2017 at 10:06 PM.