Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have so got to get orgainised

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Thinking and silent time - just sit and think about things for 5 minutes a day
    I do good thinking and sorting the work day ahead out in my head doing the washing up, especially after breakfast. I've never had a dishwasher and wouldn't want one - I find the break to wash pots is a useful buffer between work tasks and I have my best ideas washing up and in the shower. There's something about hot soapy water. I can equally easily do it without thinking a single thing.

I try and go out for a walk each day - working at home I don't go out much unless I make myself do so - and it's always hard to motivate myself to go, especially in bad weather, but I'm always glad once I get going - even more so once I'm back. I walk for health reasons predominantly after a bad back, but it makes for good thinking time too. Sometimes I just put my walkman on loud and empty my head completely, sometimes I walk quietly and make things in my head to work out the methodology, or work out how I'm going to solve other work issues etc.

I'm looking forward to going today as I saw a dipper in the river on Tuesday and will take the camera today.

Boo this is sooo what I need to do. Since I started working at home my exercise levels have gone down to zero. Given that my previous work was very active, this has resulted in a weight gain of 3 stone. Even more important than that (for me anyway) is that my brain is just as flabby. Its a good brain but it doesn't get the fresh air and exercise I need.

I find my days at home to be very isolating. I love my own company and going out to work was a way of forcing myself to mix with others, left to my own devices I just hibernate
    Di x

I know just what you mean. I stay working at home as I'm a little agoraphobic and it takes real effort to make me go out on my own - I find all manner of excuses to put it off.

I'm totally fine with someone else, but finding the courage to open the front door and step out on my own is a real battle every day.

This is why I frequent forums, I wouldn't actually speak to anyone all day most days if I didn't chat virtually.

Talking of which I'm off out now before my lunch. We're going away next weekend for our holiday and I want to get a bit fitter before then so that I can walk at a decent pace with my husband - who is significantly fitter than me. See if my dipper is there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Boo this is sooo what I need to do. Since I started working at home my exercise levels have gone down to zero. Given that my previous work was very active, this has resulted in a weight gain of 3 stone. Even more important than that (for me anyway) is that my brain is just as flabby. Its a good brain but it doesn't get the fresh air and exercise I need.

I find my days at home to be very isolating. I love my own company and going out to work was a way of forcing myself to mix with others, left to my own devices I just hibernate
    Oh Di, I soo agree with the feeling of isolation too. My brain has gone to jelly and even getting in the garden doing 5 mins weeding helps, but the poor old brain doesn't get any exercise!

Jules xx

omg you guys have me to a tee!! I dont exercise enough - i make all my importatnt decisions in the bath, and i barely speak to anyone either here or at the garage, and my whole existance has become a virtual one.

Boo you sound like you have got it just right, thinking and then walking and then starting on the day, i am gonna have to try to be led by your example!!

I have been running round like a headless chicken today as i had to go into work to do the garage banking, popped into Rye to pay that in, then to sainsburys in St Leonards to get the weekend food and drink for OH and my son, home to check out the camping stuff (reminds me must swap over the washing in a min) then i tackled the biggest job of the day - and i discovered a car under a mountain of dog hair!!!!. OH decided last night that we might not take the renault and so i needed to prepare the mav too in case we use that one.
    I am now resting my back for an hour before i cellophane and ribbon the 20 candles that i had the order for that will be delivered at the show, and then i can pack a bag of clothes for myself for the weekend.

I think i will just about be done then so if poss i will spend a little time on my seed bracelet.

You guys are such an inspiration to me in so many ways, I would be very lonely indeed without you all.
    Last edited by bustagasket; 17-09-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I'm finding since I started working full time from home, everything kind of merges into one and I don't seem to get anything done, plus it's easier to get distracted, or keep working at my day job till silly o'clock without realising. So, although it feels a bit sad, anally retentive and treating myself like a child, I have started writing myself a schedule for the next day each evening, and I have to say, I have been getting a lot more done since I started it!
    Lucinda

Boo, you're an inspiration. I wish I could get organised like you. My main problem is that people think as I work at home, it's OK to ring me or visit whenever they like. Though I like to keep in touch, it really eats into my day.
    If I was out at work they wouldn't be ringing me.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Boo, you're an inspiration. I wish I could get organised like you. My main problem is that people think as I work at home, it's OK to ring me or visit whenever they like. Though I like to keep in touch, it really eats into my day.
    If I was out at work they wouldn't be ringing me.
    Constant source of irritation to me too. The woman across the road will decide to pop over for coffee because she's got a day off! Yeah, but I haven't
    Di x

Two streets from the Tunnocks teacake factory!

I feel your pain Annie - I basically work on the other side of the country, in Edinburgh. I'm out of the house for 12 hours each day. Between work and sleeping have about 3 hours of "free" time tops to do other stuff including jewellery and of course talk to the OH!!!

At weekends I can't sit down and concentrate until the hoovering is done (hairy dog!) and I need to get the shopping in yada yada yada.

My dream......a nice house in a semi-rural location with a studio for me and a studio for the OH where I could spend my days being creative and making pretty things. Sigh....when will those lottery numbers come up??

Thank you all so much for the support, I feel a good deal better today

I have taken on-board some of the suggestions made, in fact so far I have achieved the following:

I have told my fellow team leader at work that I need more than 48 hrs notice about what shift I'm working as I can't plan anything.

I have told my OH that as long as he puts the new light fittings up in the bathroom before winter I don't care if it's finished or not (he cut the holes in the ceiling for them and it's a tad draughtly & cold)

I have arranged to put an old laptop downstairs in the living room for my OH and his sister (she lives with us) to use so they can do their thing without having to be in my workroom, that way I can go in straight in from work or whenever I feel like it.

I have just picked up a dvd on basic yoga which I'm going to start doing with a friend from work once a week to relax etc.

And while I'm in such a positive mood I think I'll just finish off a pair of earrings so I can photograph them tmr.

You really are a wonderfull bunch of people thank you soooo much
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!