Thread: A partridge in a pear tree

Default A partridge in a pear tree

Hi all, here's the story of my partridge in a pear tree. I wanted to make something that felt a bit extra special - but how to do that within the confines of my current skill set - I decided to feel a bit Luxurious I would layer it up, and to add a bit of interest, use a variety of materials - so three layers of silver for the tree branches, brass for the leaves and copper for the partridge (yellow gold leaves and rose gold for the partridge would have been lovely - but not in my budget). Anyway, added to that, a solid hand made chain, and to finish off a sparkling peridot for the pear - the layers to be riveted together, all I need now is a handmade clasp - it's not finished yet (luckily the competition it's for doesn't need it to be finished). I hope it seems a bit luxy and special - what do you think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	10764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2316.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	10765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2597.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	10766

I should have said, the competition is still open - I think the closing date is Friday, if anyone fancies popping in a last minute entry amid all their frantic Christmas work!

Looks lovely Joella, do post the finished version too please.

That's looking really good as said above it wil be good to see the finished item ( mmm! that mince pie looks good too)

Oops,the closing date is actually Sunday. Thanks Sarah, and china, I will definitely post once it's finished, it's been great fun to do, and so far I'm quite proud of it.
    Sue