Thread: Bronze Clay - Tool Contamination?

Default Bronze Clay - Tool Contamination?

Hi all,

Firstly I hope everyone on here is well, and sorry to come on straight with a question having not been on in ages. My work (not Jewellery) has been so busy I’ve not been doing my jewellery for months

I have however been asked about making something (a fingerprint pendant) out of PMC bronze clay, the lady in question doesn’t wear silver. I’ve used PMC silver before but just wanted to check, do I need to worry about tool contamination if using bronze clay, I.e don’t use my normal tools that I use for silver?

The bronze clay I was going to use is this: http://www.cooksongold.com/Precious-...rcode-855-1124

Many many thanks all,
    Faith

No, I don't think it will be a serious problem, Faith. Just to be safe, You can brush and wipe everything down when the project is over, and files can be cleared of bronze residues with a small square of copper, which will act like a comb. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis

Would you bother trying to clean things like radial disks somehow at all?

Ta loads again
    Faith

Only if they have turned black, showing that they are coated in fine bro ze. Running anything rubber on a diamond cylinder burr or similar quickly cleans an shapes it without affecting the diamond. Dennis.

Oh perfect thanks Dennis I can use the diamond plates I have for that if needed

Ta again and merry Christmas
    Faith

Sorry a few letters have dropped off my post above. No connection with any party conference, though. Dennis.