Thread: Horsehair Help - Enigma?

Default Horsehair Help - Enigma?

Morning all. Posted in a facebook group and was directed here, looking for Enigma. "Does anyone have any experience in making things with horsehair? I've been asked to do a horsehair & silver ring, and also a bangle....plaited/braided...hints on glues to use would be much appreciated, plus whether 3 or 4 braids." Thanks.

Hi Emma

Sorry if this sounds off, but at present there is only myself and one other person who has copied some of my work doing horsehair rings and bangles in the UK and as its my living I don't really want to share info on how I make those items.
    Sorry, I know people are generous with advice on here and any other topic I would gladly help.

Thanks for the response Sarah. No problem. I'll work something out. It's just a one-off my sister has asked me to make for my nieces Christmas presents, not something I'm planning to make again. Someone said you may be able to guide me re glues etc. I totally understand where you're coming from and appreciate your unwillingness to share your knowledge of a niche market. Was just trying to find a lazy way out of the challenge! Many thanks and realise how helpful you are to folk with regards to other topics.