Thread: Cufflink fittings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cufflink fittings

Hello hello,
    (It's been a while), I'm wondering what gents favour to wear as a cufflink fitting? I like the look of the whale tails very much, and have made ball and stem ones previously, but having never actually had to wear them myself, was wondering if anyone would mind sharing their preferences. Would be much appreciated.

Hi Lydia and welcome home.

Speaking for myself, I grudge any time spent in dressing. I just want to get away. So for cufflinks, anything rigid thart can just be pushed through by feel alone is what I would want.

The exact mechanism whether bought in and hinged, or fabricated and rigid will be upto you. Dennis.

I did wonder that. Hmm you have given me pause for thought. Do you think say a piece 5mm wide x 2mm deep x 15mm long would be big enough? Thank you Dennis.

Well if you mean the actual button, then anything that won't escape from the buttonhole will be OK. See the twiggy bits in my recent show and tell: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9007.

For this one I used a connecting chain on the grounds that a woman's hand could easily pass through the done up cuff, so there was no need to undo it except on wash days. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis, you're a gem.

I didn't know this until the other day, but Cookson actually sell sets of short chain for cufflinks: http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...ufflink+chains