Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Term... New Chapter

Green with envy!!!! Hope you have a fantastic time on the course though - don't forget we'll want regular progress reports!

Lorraine

Hi Coco
    How did the first evening go? .....apart from falling over. What will you be covering on the course, anything exciting? Look forward to seeing any pictures. Any tips how to upload photos?
    Christine

Hiya!

T'was good thanks! It's not evening though it's 10-4 tuesdays and thursdays. We spend all day tuesday in the workshop and then on thursday mornings we have theory, drawing, design, talks from suppliers elements of being a jewellery maker. That kind of thing, I think, dunno yet haven't had a thursday there yet. Most of tomorrow's gonna be induction though

So far in the workshop we've just been doing a practise run of making rings so we get a feel for the place. We get to make stuff without feeling any kind of pressure.....yet. Nice

Don't know yet what we're going to be covering but I'm really hoping casting and etching feature somewhere. Will probably find out tomorrow.

Gotta go to bed - have to be up at 7, which considering I was up at 6 yesterday doesn't sound too bad.

Remind me why I wanted to do this.....

because its the best, since the kids have gone back to school i havent stopped working at my bench and without the knowledge i learnt at jewellery school i just wouldent be able to do that, you will have a fab time

my little evening class restarts next ween, its not quite in the same league but its better than nothing
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Su i taught at an evening class for two years (before they decided i need teaching qulaifications) and the quality of work my group produced amazed me they where there cos thay wanted to learn and had paid a lot of money and so they really put there all into it, oh except the girl that set herself on fire lmao, i still see a few of them now and they always ask if the class will go again. So you take what you can from any class and ask for help and question as much as you can (those tutors are getting really good pay lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Su i taught at an evening class for two years (before they decided i need teaching qulaifications) and the quality of work my group produced amazed me they where there cos thay wanted to learn and had paid a lot of money and so they really put there all into it, oh except the girl that set herself on fire lmao, i still see a few of them now and they always ask if the class will go again. So you take what you can from any class and ask for help and question as much as you can (those tutors are getting really good pay lol)
    Thats one of the problems i have, i am not good at asking for help in person, on here its not so bad, people cant see me squirming with embarrassment at my noobness, but in cless there are some quite pushy people who have been going for a year or more (i have only done one term) and so i kinda hang back a bit, there are only 12 in the class but i cant compete with that many. Prolly why i have learnt so much from here, i might be over the top etc, but its a defence mechanism.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

[QUOTE=bustagasket;12355]Thats one of the problems i have, i am not good at asking for help in person, on here its not so bad, people cant see me squirming with embarrassment at my noobness, but in cless there are some quite pushy people who have been going for a year or more (i have only done one term) and so i kinda hang back a bit, there are only 12 in the class but i cant compete with that many. Prolly why i have learnt so much from here, i might be over the top etc, but its a defence mechanism.[/QUOTE

well if the tutor is a good tutor she/he should see that, but if they dont you really need to put your hand up more, the more work you do the more pushy you will become because learning to you about this subject is addictive hang on in there and it will be you being the pushy person x

lol well i am 47 now so i doubt i will get brave now, but i will have to try to see what else she is going to teach me, cos therre doesnt seem to be much on the agenda as much.
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    my little evening class restarts next ween, its not quite in the same league but its better than nothing

Size doesn't mean anything. I'm a quite "prestigious" (in its own view anyway) jewellery school dropout because the teaching was ****, their attitude was horrible they kept saying things were going to happen which then didn't happen and changing the timetable. All done with the air that we should be really grateful to be there.

Bollocks to 'em!