Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equality Plus.

Default Equality Plus.

The posh shirt shops are now selling tops with double cuffs for women, a form of equality, which is good for me, because it’s brought on a new demand for cufflinks.

For the outer buttons I bezel-set some composite stones found at a Rock ‘N’ Gem show years ago.

For the inner ones, I avoided the traditional bars and torpedoes and came up with some twiggy things with leaves instead.
    The two sides are connected by a short chain, made from five jump rings in all.

Women’s hands are generally quite small and will easily pass through a closed cuff. So the links can be fully inserted first and need only come off on wash days. A definite plus.

Loath to put the rest of the stones back into store, I made a suite, hopefully not all to be worn together and a handmade chain, as there is not much in the way of Argentium chains to be bought at present.

Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cl1 Composite Cabs.jpg   Cl2 The Twiggy Things.jpg   Cl3 The Chain.jpg   Cl5 the suite.jpg  

Hi Dennis, loving your cufflinks, which go with a variety of shirt colours. Ladies cufflinks do seem to be all the rage at the moment, so I'll make a few pairs for Xmas. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    xxx
    Jules

Your getting really good at this jewellery thing

Love these Dennis, the composites are amazingly colourful. I used to make women's duff links in the 80s so interested to hear they are back in fashion!

On the small hand front that would be if you aren't a jeweller! I recently discovered when trying on a set of bangles for a customer that my right hand is now quite a bit wider when I've been working hard.

Caroline, that is quite common after any sort of workout you limbs tend to swell a bit

Gosh love these. Had no idea women's cuff links were back in fashion. Thanks for the trend alert!

Thank you all. Dennis.

Very cool Dennis - the twig detail is lovely. I've been making myself cufflinks for years, so happy to know that it is now a thing. Might make some more!