I'm just completing my first hallnote and have a few queries.
1. If I have stirling silver bangles with fine silver charms do I record them as 925? If so can they be packaged with my pure 925?
2. I have a few mixed metal pieces. Some are 925 silver with copper, some are 925 silver, 999 and copper, some 925, 999, copper and brass. Do they all need to have separate hallnotes or can I put them on one mixed metal hallnote?
3. Can several packets be sent in one parcel? If so, will they all be returned in one parcel or will I have yo pay postage for each packet?
4. I know that I could mark where I would like the pieces to be hallmarked but do I have to do this? Is it risky to leave it to the hallmarker's discretion?
5. Should I file a couple of beads off a beaded ring to allow space for a hallmark?
6. If ear wires are detachable should I take them off and not send them or leave the attached?
7. (Last one, sorry!) Do I need to complete a laser engraving form in order to have a laser not hand punch mark made? If so, how do I decide what size to laser and what if different pieces need different sized lasers?
Thanks very much but I've searched and searched for answers to these questions.
By the way, it's for the London Assay Office.
Thank you so much in advance.