Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own Violin?

Quote Originally Posted by handmadeblanks View Post
    Everything arrived as promised. I've never had a problem.
    It's not the people whose orders arrive without a problem who get the problems - that's the problem.
    Here are some recent reviews: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cousinsuk.com
    And some more: https://www.yell.com/biz/cousins-mat...mford-4075061/
    Last edited by Aurarius; 05-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes, with Cousins the pendant drill kit with No.20 hand piece is £272 inc vat and del, the same with Betts metals is just shy of £310
    If you're a gold member of the GOJD, you should get 10% off with Betts (you did on most items when I last looked, at any rate). Alternatively, try asking them to price match.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes, with Cousins the pendant drill kit with No.20 hand piece is £272 inc vat and del, the same with Betts metals is just shy of £310
    It was my negative experience with Betts that made me buy the Pendant motor kit from CousinsUK!

It was my negative experience with Betts that made me buy the Pendant motor kit from CousinsUK!
    Has that happened since they joined with Suttons?
    Just wondered as I always found Suttons to be excellent but not sure whether things have changed since.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    It's not the people whose orders arrive without a problem who get the problems - that's the problem.
    Here are some recent reviews: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cousinsuk.com
    If most people are anything like me they don't report non-problems. I have ordered from CousinsUK at least half a dozen times this year and never experienced a single problem, but I have never left a positive review for them anywhere, except in this thread. How many 100's or even 1000's of other satisfied CousinsUK customers also don't report non-problems. Until I have a negative experience of my own they will remain one of my top supply companies.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Has that happened since they joined with Suttons?
    Just wondered as I always found Suttons to be excellent but not sure whether things have changed since.
    Hi enigma, yes it was since they merged.

If most people are anything like me they don't report non-problems. I have ordered from CousinsUK at least half a dozen times this year and never experienced a single problem, but I have never left a positive review for them anywhere, except in this thread. How many 100's or even 1000's of other satisfied CousinsUK customers also don't report non-problems. Until I have a negative experience of my own they will remain one of my top supply companies.

Hi enigma, yes it was since they merged.
    I read a lot of those complaint posts and responses from Cousins and would have to say speaking as someone who owns a computer business for the past 24 yrs. If I treated my customers like that I wouldn't be in business. Well now at 63 I have stopped doing that but certainly will never great people like that. Service that is good often doesn't get talked about but I did get a lot of referrals and repeat business. Service that is bad gets told to 20 friends who then tell 20 friends and so on, just like here on forums it happens too on other different types of forums I belong to. Especially caravan forums amongst Grey Nomads, they talk, some even display signs about their lemon caravans here in Australia often having other travelers ask about the signs, which then gets relayed back to others. There is a big movement over here at present to change laws and the powers for enforcement of those consumer laws. I certainly have Cousins off my purchase list of websites Eben though they have a lot of products.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_AUS View Post
    I read a lot of those complaint posts and responses from Cousins and would have to say speaking as someone who owns a computer business for the past 24 yrs. If I treated my customers like that I wouldn't be in business.

Hi Peter,

Ok, but the fact is Cousins is in business and has been for over 40 years (see: About Us). From this you can either deduce that Cousins don't treat their customers like that or Australians are far less tolerant than the English. I have no reason to defend Cousins, all I am pointing out is that review sites can give an unbalanced view of a company due to what I think is human nature. The average person is far more inclined to complain about a bad experience. People who get their orders without a problem or who have no problem returning/exchanging faulty goods don't consider it extraordinary enough to write a review, especially not in this online purchasing day and age. Therefore the result is that all you read about is problems and the non-problems go unmentioned.

Hi Peter,

Ok, but the fact is Cousins is in business and has been for over 40 years (see: About Us). From this you can either deduce that Cousins don't treat their customers like that or Australians are far less tolerant than the English. I have no reason to defend Cousins, all I am pointing out is that review sites can give an unbalanced view of a company due to what I think is human nature. The average person is far more inclined to complain about a bad experience. People who get their orders without a problem or who have no problem returning/exchanging faulty goods don't consider it extraordinary enough to write a review, especially not in this online purchasing day and age. Therefore the result is that all you read about is problems and the non-problems go unmentioned.
    Just so you are aware, I based my opinions not on the complaints but on the responses from Cousins. The attitude and terminology just seems most inappropriate.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    That's painful to read.

I'd also mention that none of those complaints are from me (or any of the other jewellers I know who have been on the receiving end of that attitude).

Cousins seem to believe that the B2B aspect is a get-out for any and all issues with products - that is not the case and never has been. Goods that are supplied faulty get replaced - you do not then accuse the customer of having broken them.

Just avoid them. You may not have had issues yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Ok, but the fact is Cousins is in business and has been for over 40 years (see: About Us). From this you can either deduce that Cousins don't treat their customers like that or Australians are far less tolerant than the English.
    That's not a logical conclusion. You could just as reasonably deduce that their atrocious customer service is why their shop premises closed down with no warning.