Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own Violin?

Default Make Your Own Violin?

No, not a DIY kit for a stringed instrument. Just a fancy bench peg for intricate piercing tasks from Cousins.

Cousins? Yes, I know, but it is a pretty piece of hardwood and remarkably rigid, using the clamp supplied. They deliver fast and the price is fair at just under£15 including postage and VAT. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fancy Bench Peg.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    No, not a DIY kit for a stringed instrument. Just a fancy bench peg for intricate piercing tasks from Cousins.

Cousins? Yes, I know, but it is a pretty piece of hardwood and remarkably rigid, using the clamp supplied. They deliver fast and the price is fair at just under£15 including postage and VAT. Dennis.
    Nice.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Peter

And if it goes astray or is damaged in shipping then they'll deny any responsibility. I still see regular reports of people falling foul of them. They won't be getting any business from me because of their past conduct.

It's certainly appealing, Dennis, but I wouldn't buy anything from Cousins. I've read of cases where people have ordered very expensive watch movements, these have arrived damaged or even been the wrong item, and Cousins have refused to accept a return or give a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    And if it goes astray or is damaged in shipping then they'll deny any responsibility. I still see regular reports of people falling foul of them. They won't be getting any business from me because of their past conduct.
    Thanks for the heads up about cousins. Buying equipment here in Australia is very limited so purchasing from overseas is basically our only true option to have multiple choices between tools that are same but differing quality. I usually purchase from Ottoifrei, Riogrande and Firemoutaingems. Having other choices sassy in the UK helps. Only issues I have is the postage costs are so high, somethings are just too expensive both here and from overseas. Others are just available from one place e.g. Koil Kutter, like postage is a 1/3 of the initial price. Yeah I know good equipment costs money.

Regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    It's certainly appealing, Dennis, but I wouldn't buy anything from Cousins. I've read of cases where people have ordered very expensive watch movements, these have arrived damaged or even been the wrong item, and Cousins have refused to accept a return or give a refund.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

Peter

All it needs is a GRS mount, I ,m with those above I have been burnt by Cousins

Oh, I was just about to place my order with cousins for a Foredom drill kit ....i have been searching for the best price! Perhaps not the best place? It's about £40 difference

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Oh, I was just about to place my order with cousins for a Foredom drill kit ....i have been searching for the best price! Perhaps not the best place? It's about £40 difference
    Over the past year I have ordered many things from CousinsUK, over £2000 worth. This includes a Foredom pendant motor kit and a Durston Rolling mill. Everything arrived as promised. I've never had a problem.

I assume we are talking about: http://www.cousinsuk.com/

Yes, with Cousins the pendant drill kit with No.20 hand piece is £272 inc vat and del, the same with Betts metals is just shy of £310