Thread: Jewellery designs 'Game of Thrones'

Default Jewellery designs 'Game of Thrones'

I was just looking around Etsy at dragon jewellery designs (I want to make something with a dragon!)and came across quite a lot of Game of Thrones jewellery. It didn't appear to be 'inspired' designs but rather exact copies of things, in particular the 'House Targaryen' logo with three dragons. I would have assumed this is copyrighted? How is it possible people are creating jewellery and selling it with actual GOT logos?

Because they haven't been caught yet. It's rife, and it's the copyright holder's responsibility to defend their copyright (which means if you don't know about it, you can't do anything. Similarly, unless you have deep pockets you probably can't do anything either).

I suspected as much but there seems to be soooo much of it out there! I'm pretty sure the GOT people have rather deep pockets too. Granted the Targaryen symbol with three dragons is quite cool so I can understand why people are wanting to reproduce it, i won't be one of them though

I should imagine they do... There is no fair use applicable in things like that.

Now I've googled the symbol, I think there are more impressive 3 headed dragon symbols around - there may be a copyright free one in amongst them?

(Yes, I have never seen any GoT)

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post

(Yes, I have never seen any GoT)
    We are part of the 2% Peter, it's like being part of an exclusive club

I've not seen it either, but we are spoiled for dragons in Wales. Rather fond of the castle touring family: http://cadw.gov.wales/fun/livetheleg...-lair/?lang=en

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	10465
    This is the GOT symbol I am seeing everywhere on etsy, it's easy to spot because of the looped tails. I don't usually get hooked on popular television shows and don't watch most things everyone else does - but I freely admit I'm a GOT watcher! I think dragons are pretty popular at the moment because of the show, but I was surprised to see so many itmess for sale with the actual Targaryen logo being used.