Just saying hello from Downunder, Sydney, you know those convicts you got rid of back in the 1700's. Well I'm not one but am 4th generation Aussie, part Irish and the other from Germania back in the 1850's.

So far I have tried a bit of beading wire work. But I am very interested in Sterling Silver (that British word) jewelery so have been gathering tools, and some wire, round and half round, and a sheet 1mm by 10 mm by 20cm. Also have similar in Copper to practice first. Copper solder, and sterling silver wire and one medium paste. Have most of the basic soldering thing, pickle pot and other tools. Hammers, pliers, bench pin, metal block, little anvil (so small), a couple of vices. Ring mandrel and a bracelet one, but no other forming parts like anvils, dapping or disk cutting. Have some new wrapping pliers coming as well as a jig and a couple of extras.

Still trying to workout where I can work as it is a small house, cluttered, and no garage but do have a carport not very secure though. I have a potable chipboad that has sides and a top surround about 350D x 480W. Goint to get a flat piece of metal sheet to fit best fit and secure it. Has rubber foot rest in each cnr underneath. So I'm thinking maybe on my computer desk. Need a little air filter to put on the side when soldering. And I have a desk lamp with bit in magnification.

I do understand don't solder with stones in place unless they are kubic zirconia ones but that's down the track.

First thing I'm going to try will be a copper ring either out of wire or maybe sheet to practice sawing not sure what is best first to do. I've been watching a lot of video's from beaducation.com which do cover a lot of processes and also on YouTube as well. And will keep doing so.

The thing I have found here in Australia is pricing for tools and metals are quite expensive here, that's why I have bought most things from overseas. Also lots don't seem to be available here.

So got any advise after reading tge above, look forward to any you are able to pass on.