Thread: I've been playing

Default I've been playing

Hi all, I'm currently enjoying the glorious weather here in the UK (ha ha) and as I am off work as I have a term time job I've refound some creativity mojo.

First up is something simple, a hammered torq necklace with a simple hammered pendant, and then I made a quick pair of earrings that vaguely match. I don't really like things that match exactly so they're a different shape to the pendant. I used labradorite beads because they're just about the only beads I have that are about the right size, plus I'm having a labradorite love session at the moment. Photography on my phone is still not my strong point...

After a week of helping my son make a Predator mask I decided it was time to do something that involved soldering and oxidation. So I made a pendant that can go on the torq and played with some different textures and used a couple of bits of copper as well. One of the rings was taken from a small piece of sheet I watched a couple of years ago and hadn't done anything with.

I'm not sure I like the bottom most accent as it looks like the bowl of a spoon so I may well reshape that a little so it's not so uniform. Back in the day I used to make assemblage jewellery from things people had discarded or gave me and it's a style I still like. So I guess I still stayed in my comfort zone.

Feedback is welcomed.
    Deb

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I like it, quite stylish actually. You might have to make the neck piece a little stronger to survive a wild party. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 04-08-2017 at 01:18 AM.

If anyone has a wild party, don't forget my invite.

Sadly I think my wild party days are over, but I'll bear it in mind just in case anything changes!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk