Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From illustration to CAD to Casting...

WOW I can't believe you did that in an hour, that's amazing! And so I suppose if I made it a little bit more complicated it may add a half hour or so to the working time. Thank you for showing me such a good visualisation!

In CAD is it easy to create organic textures, such as a reticulated texture? I create some of my bands by fusing gold and silver and it creates a kind of organic shape like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5436.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	10604

Its difficult to recreate organic stuff you may be better off using a sculpting program, which is not really my forte, Also I suppose you could not really cast them if they were mixed metals? Its just another tool I suppose, Its great at somethings but not so good at others, There is also more clean up associated with CAD and printed models you get grow lines that are a pain to remove in tricky spots. I will have a go at the organic rings if I get a chance just to see. You can apply textures to the renders. But on the cad you struggle to keep them if you want a polished surface
    Last edited by josef1; 16-11-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Interesting. Thank you so much for the great insight, I'm really glad I got to see what it can do and in such a short amount of time!