Thread: Material choices

Default Material choices

Hey everyone,

New here so hope this is cool.

I currently wear a necklace that has a brass chain I believe, and due to sentimental value I'm not fussed on the quality however as its now about 6 years old aging has become a problem.

Originally it was a bronze colour and as time has passed the colour has been lost around the part of the chain that sits on the back of my neck. This doesn't bother me however due to sweat and moisture the colour bleeding out of the chain is running into the collars of my t shirts which are light coloured and seriously ruining them.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a necklace made from a material that won't do this. I'm happy to ditch the current chain as it's the pendant on the chain that I want and I will happily transfer it to a newer better chain.

Cheers,
    Harry.

Gold filled would probably be a suitable replacement. The lower carats will quickly become dull to blend with your pendant.
    Have a look on line. Dennis.

Thanks for the help, just googled what "gold filled" was and sounds great.

Could you by any chance give me a rough idea of what I should be looking at price wise so I don't get jipped.

Cheers.

I don't think they cost that much, but I don't use them myself.
    Here are some thin ones, wholesale: http://www.rashbel.co.uk/gold-filled-finished-chain.
    And more here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=go...IKPc8AeykYGoBA
    Look for gold filled finished chain wholesale. Dennis.