Thread: Couple of items

Default Couple of items

Hi all. So here are a couple of ear cuffs I made this week, the first one is textured and I made it quickly at the end of class yesterday as a gift for a friend. The second one I made at home this week and is textured and has a labradorite bead attached. Excuse my lack of photography skills!

I like ear cuffs that are quite chunky, and these are designed to sit at the half way part of the ear rather than the flimsy sort that just sit on the cartilage at the top. My friend has small hands and discovered that she can also wear hers on her little finger.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Lovely! Especially like the Labradorite touch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nina. Looking at my photos in this thread on my laptop I think I need to sort out my settings sizes!

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Thanks Nina. Looking at my photos in this thread on my laptop I think I need to sort out my settings sizes!
    Great idea, but how do you decide on gap sizes, or do people just squeeze them ? thanks for sharing. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Great idea, but how do you decide on gap sizes, or do people just squeeze them ? thanks for sharing. Dennis.
    I made the gap size based on my own ear; I've made one before and used that as my guide. I also discovered when making the one with the bead at home that the item plus the gap fits perfectly around one of those syringe type medicine dispensers that come with children's liquid painkiller. They're pretty robust thick plastic tubes so work brilliantly as a mandrel. To be honest I just had to hope that my friends ear was about the same size as mine. Although the silver has hardened if you're strong enough you can make a small size adjustment.

If I may, I would love to pinch the idea - they would look lovely with pearls I reckon. Seems there's always a new way to wear more pearls!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    If I may, I would love to pinch the idea - they would look lovely with pearls I reckon. Seems there's always a new way to wear more pearls!
    Feel free pearlescence. It might help to know that the way I put them on is to slide them up from the top of the fleshy part of the lobe across the softer part of the cartilage and then once on they sit nicely in place. You don't have to manipulate the metal to get them on. I'll have to get someone to take a picture of where they sit because my attempt to get a photo was awful.

Supposing you can't get them off, as in:

'Which service do you want?'

'Fire brigade please.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Supposing you can't get them off, as in:

'Which service do you want?'

'Fire brigade please.'
    Either that or a surgeon to take a slice of ear off