Thread: I'm not sure what to do with this connector?

Default I'm not sure what to do with this connector?

Hi peeps!

I bought this a while ago and I still haven't made anything with it because I can't decide whether I should use a chain (which type) for a necklace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss258.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	10354

It's sterling and 6 x 50mm and 2mm thick.

I tried a snake chain but I don't have the skills to make it look good.

I've searched for chains for ages and saw this, but would it look too much?

On cooksongold; /Loose-Chain/Sterling-Silver-Rope-1.78mm-Loose-prcode-WVR-M00

Appreciate any tips, thanks

I'm always keen to help crafty, but unfortunately I don't understand the question.

Is that item with the reef knot meant to be turned into a necklace? If it's a connector, how would you undo it? Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 19-07-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Yes the connector I was thinking of making into a necklace but not sure what I should choose to go with it to complete? So what kind of loose chain or other material would you recommend to finish it please?

I may just send it back because i'm not getting my usual inspiration lol!

Thanks Dennis x

So if I understand you this item is to be at the front as the focus of your necklace.

The simplest way to use it is to buy a finished snake necklace of the same thickness. This will have the fastener already on it.

Then cut it in the centre, adjust the lengths and fasten to your item using these chain ends. http://www.cooksongold.com/Findings/...rcode-NVO-099X

The usual length for a necklace is 40cm, or 16 inches.

The chain ends once adjusted can be soldered on to the chain, or glued with gel superglue.

To connect the chain ends to the rings on your ornament, cut each ring of the ornament at the bottom, close to the ornament with a fine saw blade. Open sideways to pass through the ring on the chain end and close accurately with pliers. Hopefully that will give you a low tech result. Dennis.

or...even simpler, connect to chain via jump rings