Thread: How to fabricate this curved cluster?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to fabricate this curved cluster?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom-Cluster-Set-Diamond-and-Sapphire-Engagement-Ring-front-102855.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	10341

I am stumped as to how to solder the settings so it becomes part of the ring shank. Do you think that it has likely been cast?

I don't do wax carving so do you think there is a way to fabricate this?

I would be easy enough to cad and cast. Do you have a picture of the top ?

No two stones look the same size and the second setting from the left looks like it has 5 claws. Having said that, I can't see any major reason why it couldn't be fabricated.

If you were going to do so, the four largest settings could be soldered together on a curved supporting strip, which would then be pierced and filed away after the cluster has been soldered into the shank. The small stone on the far left could be accommodated by soldering prongs on to that part of the shank after the main cluster has been soldered in place.

Or if the design is not specific, you could search for a ready made here: https://www.eurofindings.com/categor...-by/relevance/

That's almost certainly cast; if you want some detail on fabricating traditional mounts, then I quite like this book.
    It's a pity there don't seem to be too many with the focus that has - the closest I know of is probably Revere's tome.

Thanks everyone, here is the ring made by Joseph Jewelry https://www.josephjewelry.com/engage...nt-ring-102855

Ps_bond thanks for the book recommendation. Does that contain how to create different types of clusters?

I like the idea of a supporting piece that is pierced afterwards. I've tried using investment and guessing the curvature using plasticine to hold the settings but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped and obviously....I was guessing.