Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Amazon in Australia don't hold your breath they they have been coming for over two years they don't even have a location yet
    When they do, they'll contribute hugely to congestion. Their vans are everywhere in London delivering and collecting from collection points. Even our nearest bank has Amazon lockers. Dennis.

Hi there. I am in NZ and use an Auckland company for my metals. I find it much more economical to buy most of my findings and lighter tools from either Cookson gold or Rio Grande. I imagine delivery times and shipping costs are similar. My parcels cost NZ$8 for packages from Cookson gold and take around 3 weeks to arrive and Rio Grande is around NZ$10 for shipping and takes about 2 weeks. In NZ we can get charged custom duties if our parcels are over NZ$200. I avoid these costs but making sure my parcels (including shipping) are less than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by copperkowhai View Post
    Hi there. I am in NZ and use an Auckland company for my metals. I find it much more economical to buy most of my findings and lighter tools from either Cookson gold or Rio Grande. I imagine delivery times and shipping costs are similar. My parcels cost NZ$8 for packages from Cookson gold and take around 3 weeks to arrive and Rio Grande is around NZ$10 for shipping and takes about 2 weeks. In NZ we can get charged custom duties if our parcels are over NZ$200. I avoid these costs but making sure my parcels (including shipping) are less than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have bought from aemetal.com.au in Sydney. Once you factor in shipping costs it's better to buy local. They also buy back scrap metal as well. I bought a lot of my tools from firemountaingems.com when they had fixed shipping costs, Riogrande.com but higher delivery costs and ottofrei.com also not cheap shipping, expensive tools but high quality. I have just ordered 5 tools from beaducation.com they too have high shipping costs to Australia. But they have a lot of free videos covering most things about jewellery making for the home maker. AJS certainly aren't cheap and also don't have quite a few tools that are what I would consider a normal stocked item, eg brass hammers for stamping. Gemcuts I have been looking at recently don't know much about them.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Amazon in Australia don't hold your breath they they have been coming for over two years they don't even have a location yet
    Will be operating most likely from December 2017, first from Melbourne facility, ord e rs placed with wholesalers and they are recruiting. Read that today. They are also looking for bigger facility for Sydney too. Expect around $200M in sales in first month.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Peter