Thread: Pndant joint

Default Pndant joint

Hi - me again. I am making a pendant and was wondering if it is best to put a seating in the outer ring or the bar.
    I have pegged them for strength, and now thoughtClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020816.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	10339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020815.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	10340 a 'seating' may look neater as well. Any suggestions gratefully received before I solder the lot together..
    Last edited by theresa; 14-07-2017 at 01:23 PM.

For me simplicity is best Theresa, so I would add nothing more, but solder form behind so as to look as neat as possible at the front.

If you are still concerned and you can find some to fit, then short segments of square tubing with one side removed, or cut into right angle brackets, could be added in places.
    http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...+square+tubing

Also it seems from your second picture that there is a gap to be pushed together before soldering.

It's an interesting piece in the making and would be nice to show us when finished. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 14-07-2017 at 02:22 PM.

All finished. I chickened out of making a 'lap joint' but the hole & peg worked great.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020822.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	10347

Avery smart pendant and should draw some favourable comments. Dennis.

That's lovely Theresa

Faith

Thank you Dennis & Faith. It did look ok and the client liked it, which is the main thing. Unfortunately it was way under-priced considering the amount of work involved, but I always find it difficult to assess how long things will take, so my time was peanuts! What's new....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020823.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	10349 This the back view. I filed the bar where it met the ring so it didn't look to clunky. Just noticed a bit of firescale there. Fortunately it didn't show in the 'flesh'
    Last edited by theresa; 19-07-2017 at 10:58 AM.