Thread: As Luck Would Have It.

Default As Luck Would Have It.

One of our projects this term was to make a single link for a chain on an architectural theme, to be joined up by our tutor, for the annual catwalk show.

We were each given a different subject for inspiration and mine turned to be the Lotus Temple, New Delhi.

As luck would have it, I had already made some previous lotus themed pieces, so I was able to complete my link in an afternoon, by superimposing three 3 petal sections in decreasing sizes and adding a jump ring for joining it to the chain. The other fixing is the large petal opposite.

Not to waste the experiment, I repeated it in silver for use as a pendant, but added some gold stamens. Then I thought it deserved some earrings, so I made those too.

Silver wire used; 1.4mm
    Diameter of Lotus Flower: 39.0mm Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1clp.jpg   2clp The Silver Pendant.jpg   3clp The Earrings.jpg   4clp Ear Studs.jpg  

Love those Dennis - especially the silver version of the pendant.

Thank you, George. You might have noticed that I'm also into link in link chains. More of that later. Kind regards, Dennis.

They're really lovely Dennis! I particularly like the earrings, and they're so neatly done with all the ends tucked away in - is it some tube?

Faith

Thank you Faith and Sarah.
    Yes in both cases the stamens started quite long and were gathered into a section of tube, so that they could be arranged and adjusted before soldering and trimming back. Dennis.