Thread: Buying jewellery supplies while on holiday?

Default Buying jewellery supplies while on holiday?

Hello all!
    I've just started a campervan trip around Europe (France, Spain & Portugal) and was shopping to find some places along the way that I could top up my supplies so I can keep creating on the move (right now I specifically need some resin materials).
    Having done a bit of googling I struggled to find anything but surely there are suppliers I could drive to somewhere in these countries?!?
    I'm hoping one or two of you kind folk might have a nugget of info for me!
    Thanks in advance!
    Eve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In France there's the inevitable Cookson-Clal, with addresses in Paris, Lyon and Marseille. Service here is apparently "réservé aux professionnels de la bijouterie", which may mean you have to contact them in advance of a visit and explain your credentials.

In Spain there's Chamorro Y Moreno, in Madrid, whose products can be viewed here:https://comrashop.es/
    Again, I don't know how welcoming they will be to people who just want to drop in.

The biggest problem you will find is that France, Spain and Portugal are still not really all that internet friendly.
    Much is still done via word of mouth or their equivalent of our yellow pages.
    Ive lived in France and am now in Portugal and I order most of my supplies from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    In France there's the inevitable Cookson-Clal, with addresses in Paris, Lyon and Marseille. Service here is apparently "réservé aux professionnels de la bijouterie", which may mean you have to contact them in advance of a visit and explain your credentials.

In Spain there's Chamorro Y Moreno, in Madrid, whose products can be viewed here:https://comrashop.es/
    Again, I don't know how welcoming they will be to people who just want to drop in.
    Thank you Aurarius, I will check out these options!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    The biggest problem you will find is that France, Spain and Portugal are still not really all that internet friendly.
    Much is still done via word of mouth or their equivalent of our yellow pages.
    Ive lived in France and am now in Portugal and I order most of my supplies from the UK.
    Yes my internet searches did not achieve much either. It is so difficult for me to order from the UK while I am in my campervan as I move to new campsites every few days. Maybe next time I will buy extra stock before I embark on my trips