Thread: Production of rings in different sizes

Default Production of rings in different sizes

Hi!

Looking for advise regarding how I would go about producing multiple rings in different sizes from a ring I had cast and mold made a while back. The master model was made in sterling silver and then cast. However, ideally I need a few other sizes. The ring is an organic and very one of a kind design. It has a stone setting in the middle. It can be stretched out by about half a size. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how the same design can be reproduced in maybe 3 or 4 other sizes (M, N, O and P). Thanks!

Karolina

Hi Karolina,

I believe that it possible to get a 3d scan, adjust the size in CAD and produce a mould and/or wax models for casting. http://www.qbranchcasting.com/ is one of the suppliers in the GOJD directory that offers those services although their website hasn't yet been updated fully with their 3d scanning capability. Other suppliers of this service are probably available...

Regards
    Ceri.

Use the 2nd generation castings as masters and make them to the sizes you require [allowing for shrinkage,which you can determine from the original],make sure the setting is ok,resprue and have moulds made from them.