Thread: Two torches one propane bottle - set-up

Default Two torches one propane bottle - set-up

Hi All,

I've a question about setting up two torches on one propane bottle. Theoretically I know it's possible and I've seen a few examples of multiples of the same torch being run off a single bottle.

My question is: I have my trusty old gas-only sievert and now a smiths little torch with an oxy-con (birthday present from my husband who is more than I deserve!), so two different torches. Does anyone have experience with this set-up? And could you share your experience?

I'm looking at a splitter from Tuffnell's - can't post a link, still a newbie. But I'm not sure if I need one or two flashback arrestors.

These are a couple of the set-up options I'm considering, your thoughts and arguments appreciated:

Set-up 1: bottle - flashback arrestor - regulator - splitter - torches

Set-up 2: bottle - regulator - splitter - flashback arrestor on each line - torches

Set-up 3: bottle- regulator - splitter - flashback arrestor on smiths line only - torches

Thanks!

Hi,
    I wouldn`t,personally, double them up.Rather get a small [3.5Kg] bottle for the new torch,that way there`s no chance of reducing the pressure to each torch.Also less chance of any thing going awry!
    We had 4 Sieiverts off one supply,all properly plumbed in,and the pressure drop made them practically useless.Went back to individual bottles very quickly.

I ran my two torches off the same propane cylinder, I bought a regulator that had a twin outlet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25a  propane regulator.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	10247

James

Thanks Swage. I'm hesitant to add a second bottle as my workshop is on the second floor of our house, thankfully though I have a balcony so I can keep my bottle outside. I think, though, if I experience pressure drop-off as you've described, I may have to reconsider.

Cheers James, I've not come across a dual outlet regulator. Do you remember where you came across it?

Anna

Anna, I just checked and my propane twin outlet regulator is a Sievert 3045, I probably bought it way back when I bought my Sievert torch.

James

Thanks James, I'll see if they still make it. Then I can decide between it and a splitter .

Anna