Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi Everyone,

After lurking on the forum for a while - feeling a bit shy - but benefiting from all the information available, I thought it was only fair to jump in and contribute in some way. I can't claim any expertise, as I am about 90 percent self-taught - my box of shame is large indeed! But I hope I can share with and continue to learn from everyone here!

See you on the boards

Anna

Welcome Anna expertise does not only come from formal education, many self taught people produce very high quality items, don't worry we all have s large
    box of shame we just don't talk about it, a box of shame is useful gives you a source of scrap to melt down and make more mistakes

Hi Anna, another self taught one here. Look forward to seeing what you make!

There was a time, when silver was cheaper and I was reluctant to do everything in a base metal first.
    Now my experiments are done in copper and my box of shame is substantially reduced. Welcome to the forum and keep posting. Dennis.

Never thought of it as a box of shame. Feeling bad now. Must melt the evidence...

Try melting this, kept as a warning to be more careful:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Box Of Shame.jpg  

Hi Anna, welcome
    I don't call it my box of shame but my serendipity box. I often find a use for bits and pieces out of there. My oldest was a cut out from my degree show in 1979 which went into a pendant a few years back and sold

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome and encouragement. I like the idea of transforming my box of shame into a box of serendipity. Though I have to admit, every mistake has been a "learning opportunity" - and yes, I have learned an awful lot!