Thread: Drilling Sea Glass and Sea Ceramics

Default Drilling Sea Glass and Sea Ceramics

Hi

I'm new to this process, so I'm still researching. My question is: what drill bits do you recommend for drilling sea glass in particular. Not expensive ones as no doubt I will go through them quickly whilst learning. URL links to sales sites would be great, if that is allowed. I have just bought a Dremel 3000 and I am waiting for a Multi Chuck as the one bit I was recommended by Cooksongold falls out of the drill with the current attachment

Thank you

Thank you Dennis

Hi Dennis, glad you are still around, nice to see a friendly face.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Hi Dennis, glad you are still around, nice to see a friendly face.
    Haha ditto. welcome back Pat.

You'll need a diamond drill bit - easy enough to find on amazon or ebay. Drill with the glass under water and resting on a piece of wood for the bit to go into when you go through
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    You'll need a diamond drill bit - easy enough to find on amazon or ebay. Drill with the glass under water and resting on a piece of wood for the bit to go into when you go through
    Thanks (again). I have everything set to try my first effort (live YouTube!!) as soon as my multi chuck arrives. Are there any particular sites/companies/sellers that do good quality but reasonably priced diamond drill bits? The one I have was about £12 so I don't want to break it first time of trying

just have a poke around on ebay or amazon - or try alibaba.com and buy direct from China (much cheaper as you are cutting out several stages of middlemen)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    just have a poke around on ebay or amazon - or try alibaba.com and buy direct from China (much cheaper as you are cutting out several stages of middlemen)
    Thank you

Hi just thought I'd ask how did your seaglass drilling go? It's something I want to try when I get a chance as I have bags of seaglass stored away. Do you hold on to the seaglass with your hand or do you use something else to hold it in place?