Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head ache

Default head ache

Hi, do you do a head pin in 0.8 with either a flat bottom or ball i keep ordering the wrong thing and i am getting totally peed off with myself scuse language i have just bought the headpin with a loop, thanks oh and there was suppossed to be a free catalogue in my parcel as i spent x amount and its not there?
    Last edited by Emerald; 15-09-2009 at 11:32 AM.

have you tried NVN 118X or NVN 115X (good grief they're expensive - I'll stick to making my own!)

My new cook book came under separate cover if it's any help!

Likewise with the catalogue but I think I forgot to tick the box
    Di x

Yes - my Cook Book came in a seperate post - so don't have a go at them yet....!!!...and it is a whopper!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    have you tried NVN 118X or NVN 115X (good grief they're expensive - I'll stick to making my own!)

My new cook book came under separate cover if it's any help!
    hi thanks but they are both 0.6 and they are just to thin i ordered them for speed more than anything so i dident have to harden them but i will go and ball up the ones i have bought and stick em in the tumbler.

i will not shout to loud about my book then if it comes seperatley lol

Default Catalogue on its way

Emerald, your catalogue was despatched today, from our catalogue warehouse, and will be with you within 2-5 days.

Regards

Adam Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Hi, do you do a head pin in 0.8 with either a flat bottom or ball i keep ordering the wrong thing and i am getting totally peed off with myself scuse language i have just bought the headpin with a loop, thanks oh and there was suppossed to be a free catalogue in my parcel as i spent x amount and its not there?

You can stiffen up headpins a treat by twisting them. I just grab behind the ball with some pliers and usually put the wire end in a hand held pin vice and twist a few times and it makes a significant difference. I think you'd need to tumble for some time to get the same stiffness.

If you're in a hurry and have a lot it might be too hands on and time-consuming, but I do batches (largely copper) and it's one of those little things I can do while waiting for a pan to boil or hanging on the phone.

How about
    Pack Of 20*** Silver Head Pin 70mm With 1 1 Bead End ** Length May Vary By 5mm ** - Cooksongold.com

At £6 per pack that's just 30p each!

Head pin is 75mm long with one 2mm bead at one end of the pin.
    pin thickness: 0.8mm

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    You can stiffen up headpins a treat by twisting them. I just grab behind the ball with some pliers and usually put the wire end in a hand held pin vice and twist a few times and it makes a significant difference. I think you'd need to tumble for some time to get the same stiffness.

If you're in a hurry and have a lot it might be too hands on and time-consuming, but I do batches (largely copper) and it's one of those little things I can do while waiting for a pan to boil or hanging on the phone.
    thanks boo will do that usually burnish or give them a light tap x

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    How about
    Pack Of 20*** Silver Head Pin 70mm With 1 1 Bead End ** Length May Vary By 5mm ** - Cooksongold.com

At £6 per pack that's just 30p each!

Head pin is 75mm long with one 2mm bead at one end of the pin.
    pin thickness: 0.8mm

Rob
    Thanks Rob but there are 2.5cm of waste there when i clicked on the picture of the itmes that i bought it showed a pin with a round end i missed the bit where it said round loop in the description.

One thing i did get right though the Radial Bristle Disc kit, those are excellent got into all my granulation fab thanks and thanks for the once again very quick delivery