Thread: The Breaking Of Saw Blades.

Default The Breaking Of Saw Blades.

Well here is another related controversy. This has come up before, but never really gone away.

I find that Vallorbe saw blades break much more easily than they used to:
    Are they doing it on purpose?
    Is it the impatience of old age?
    Am I now unable to hold my workpiece still enough?
    Can I no longer hear the correct ping of the tension?

Whatever the reason, after much experimentation with costly and useless marques, I have come down to Bergeon from the dreaded Cousins, which on some very long sessions have lasted much much better. And no, I am not a cousin of Bergeon.
    Dennis.

Interesting timing not more that 2 hours ago I was cutting silver and Vallorbe blade I was using went slack thought it was broken
    not the case it had stretched lost all it's temper and had become flexible, maybe they have some quality control issues

I have found that they seem to be very variable in terms of sharpness , breaking and also how quickly they become blunt.
    I have also on a couple of occasions had blades that no matter what I did I couldn't get to cut straight- twisted?
    I did think it must be down to how I was putting them in but I do quite a lot of piercing and it only happened a couple of times so?
    Cant comment on whether they used to be better though as Ive only been using them a few years.