Thread: My latest piece.

Default My latest piece.

So just recently I have really been pushing myself to improve. I have my sponsor mark all set up and I am doing craft fairs so I really want my work to be of a high standard.
    This moissanite ring I feel is where I want to be, I am sure it's not anywhere near the standard that some of you guys produce but I feel I am getting fairly good.

My etsy shop has been open a year now, I have been making jewellery for about 18 months, with hope in another 18 months I will be far better!

So what do you lot think?
    I wanted to top part of the shank to be slightly ofset, like a loose S or a wavey line, it's a little understated but I like the may it's turned out. Excuse the finger prints...

you asked, maybe it is the photo, personally think you need to spend more time and effort on your finishing, otherwise the design is nice

I imagine its my terrible photo skills as it's been polished up to white lux, I am not well known for my photography skills!

It's a pretty ring and the claws are just right for the cut of the stone.

But as Bob has pointed out, it is let down by the scratches on the shoulders, which are easy enough to finish better(for instance grades of MicroMesh sheet stuck onto lollipop sticks with double sided tape will preserve the angles and give a mirror finish.)

You can't blame your photograph for this, because if you view it in subdued daylight out of doors, you will see it for yourself. Sorry, Dennis.

Dont be sorry for advice guys! I will give it more polish and check it out under different light, having more then one set of eyes is handy to spot flaws I may gloss over
    I always expect to have to redo something after posting, it's why i post, you lot have taught me so much this past year
    Last edited by sam.k; 26-04-2017 at 05:29 PM.

One way to be sure about you finish is to use a Optiviser or similar and you see the imperfections

I like it Sam , you are doing great!
    Agree with the others about the finish, sometimes we don't see these things until we photograph with magnification so its always good to check again at that stage