Thread: Citenco Pendant Drill

Default Citenco Pendant Drill

I was recently given a pendant drill, an old Citenco motor with flex shaft and foot pedal. I really like the motor, nice and quiet and good control with the foot pedal. Can't find much on this on the internet. Thing is there is a lot of wobble at the handpiece which makes it pretty much useless. The wobble seems to originate in the flex shaft. I'm wondering if I can get replacement parts without breaking the bank. Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails citenco01.jpg   citenco02.jpg  

It appears that the company concerned, Griffin and George, are no longer trading. Such of their used motors available on E bay, look in poor condition and are expensive.

Sadly, unless you have engineering skills, I would suggest you try to sell it for spare parts, or take it to recycling. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 30-04-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Don't know if it helps but where the flex shaft joins the motor see if you can detach it, there maybe a tiny grub screw in there that needs a tighten. I have a different make to yours and I had the same problem I found by taking it apart there , I found the screw and it was loose , I tightened it and used a little bit of loctite lock and seal on the screw and 'touch wood' no problems since .