Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6mm Silver Halo Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    For heavier wire a simple way is to use a ring bending tool. A strip of leather is put on the outer side to avoid marks. The inside gets a few shiny facets which are easy to polish away.

It can cope with wire upto about 3.5mm. Of course there are more expensive options, such as the one which comes on the Durston ring stretcher. Dennis.
    Is there a knack to bending wire with these pliers? I bought one, no instructions, and can't quite get it to bend anything yet! Perhaps I am just being thick.... Not to worry, have just watched a video on Youtube. Where would we be without YT?
    Last edited by theresa; 11-05-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Is there a knack to bending wire with these pliers? I bought one, no instructions, and can't quite get it to bend anything yet! Perhaps I am just being thick.... Not to worry, have just watched a video on Youtube. Where would we be without YT?
    Where did you buy yours from Theresa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a young lady at art in action using 6mm rod to make chain links.. I was particularly impressed as she was petite to say the least..

I can't imagine a 6mm ring on a finger unless it was a thumb ring..

Though I have discussed a somewhat larger size ring in 6mm it was for a gentleman who didn't intend it for his hand..... 😲

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk