Thread: Durston rolling mill

Default Durston rolling mill

Hey guys
    Help please. I am planning to buy the durstons c80. Do you think this one will do for making pattern in the metal? Or do i need to save more for bigger mill?
    TIA

Hi, the problem I foresee, is in the narrowness of the plain roller and the lack of gears

It might be sufficient for the textures you foresee at the moment, but I am sure you will curse the fact that you can't texture wider pieces and above all not roll down wider sheet, so saving you a greater investment in stock.
    My Durston has 80mm of plain width and I have often wished I had 100.

As far as gears are concerned, the college I attend has both and by comparison, gears make a substantial difference to the force required to turn it and will reduce the strain on the fixing too.

I think this is a high pedigree item of debatable value, rather like a Rollex that only has an hour hand. Personally if on a budget, I would go for a higher spec in a cheaper brand. Dennis.

before you decide have a look here http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...e+rolling+mill

Thank you guys, I need to think about this very expensive tool to spent with. I think I can stretch until c100. I read about the pepe tools but shipping is pretty high.

I bought the c100 because I thought it would be more beneficial for long term use and I've not had any issues I think sometimes it's better just to spend a bit more and have it for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I got one from shop in Glasgow that closing down, 20% off for durston 100. Can't wait to use this. Next target is engraving machine.