Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Method for Pendant Idea?

It's a little more involved - it's a machine tool, so there's traditional machine tool setup & care involved; there's a whole other language needs to be dealt with to describe the toolpath etc. There are plenty out there and they can do fantastic work, but it depends heavily upon the skill of the operator.

There aren't too many printers that actually print in wax; the SLA ones use a resin - the holy grail of which is to create a resin that behaves just like a wax.

Hi Sandra,
    You could also consider etching as a method to make this image into a pendant.
    Poor old Les

Thanks for the info Peter, it sounds more complicated than I thought. I suppose etching is an option, maybe I could create the base in wax and have it cast and then add the finer details in etching possibly.

Sandra, as I suggested when you first posed this question, I would investigate having it laser engraved, Either by our member Alan, at Geti, or by the Assay Office.

https://www.guildofjewellerydesigner...d=34&Itemid=61

https://www.assayofficelondon.co.uk/...aser-engraving Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I'll check into those.

I'm still working on this idea - got a little side tracked the past few months. If I ever accomplish this I'll post a picture of the result! I was hoping to have it wax milled but I may just go forward with laser engraving as was recommend by Dennis.

Dennis do you think something this detailed, if it were laser engraved, could be moulded and cast? If I do get one finished and happy with the result I would probably like to make a few more as the one is meant for a retirement gift. Or maybe it might be just as easy to have several laser engraved? Not sure how it compares in cost.
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-11-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I'm still working on this idea - got a little side tracked the past few months. If I ever accomplish this I'll post a picture of the result! I was hoping to have it wax milled but I may just go forward with laser engraving as was recommend by Dennis.

Dennis do you think something this detailed, if it were laser engraved, could be moulded and cast? If I do get one finished and happy with the result I would probably like to make a few more as the one is meant for a retirement gift. Or maybe it might be just as easy to have several laser engraved? Not sure how it compares in cost.
    Something copied is never as crisp, so see how much it will cost to have several lasered on the same sheet first.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-11-2017 at 02:34 PM.

I dont think you are replying to this thread, Berthaflores.