Thread: Free Jewellery Bench

Default Free Jewellery Bench

Having moved out of home my parents don’t think one of their rooms should still be my workshop. I know! Unreasonable or what? Anyway my old jewellery bench I made for myself is up for grabs, based I think on the dimensions of Cooksons cheapest one, should anyone want it.
    It’s in west London, has a couple of holes where I had a vice and a few scorch marks, but is otherwise fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love this but unfortunately it’s too far away for me to collect.
    (I’ve been looking out for something like an old desk round here that I can modify into a bench but not found the right thing yet)

Have you tried auctions? My first desk came out of the office of a garage that was closing down. My husband custom built the benches in my workshop which are 3 ins thick with the half circle cut out for the skin and room underneath for Ikea drawers. All very sturdy for all the stuff you then end up buying! It depends of course where your workshop is going to be and whether it can be a permanent fixture

Yep been checking on eBay & local used furniture places, only been looking for about a fortnight though so early days yet.

IKEA aHHHHHH!

Trying to avoid buying something new, especially flat pack type stuff. I’d much rather have some sturdy old bit of reclaimed furniture if I’m customising.
    There’s a chance I might be able to sort collection next weekend now as I’ve got a mate heading south to fetch something else so have messaged Christopher to get some more info.